- Tansy Rayner Roberts is also blogging about women and sf this week: so far, on science fictional fantasy and the women of the five Doctors
- And another Galactic Suburbanite, Alex, has posted about Bold as Love
- Speaking of science fictional fantasy, a Zoo City review round-up: Aishwarya from the Indian Express; Jason at Kamivision; t’other Niall at The Speculative Scotsman; Saxon Bullock in SFX; and John Clute at Strange Horizons
- And there’s an interview with Lauren Beukes at Kamivision
- Adam Roberts on Arslan by MJ Engh
- Paul Kincaid on Kate Wilhelm’s 1975 short story collection The Infinity Box:
Two things struck me very forcibly when reading the Wilhelm collection. First, that the stories were even better than I had remembered. Second, that while I knew these stories were unequivocally science fiction when I first read the collection (probably about 1977), today they would almost certainly not be considered sf.
- David Hebblethwaite reviews Candor by Pam Bachorz
- Richard at Solar Bridge on Midnight Robber
- Michael Levy on Half World by Hiromi Goto, and a suite of guest posts by Goto at Omnivoracious: on romance in dark fantasy, the relationships between fantasy and reality and fantasy and horror, and her inspirations.