Many thanks to everyone who offered suggestions in the earlier discussion — and here’s the schedule. I’m planning to keep the same arrangement as last year: I’ll post a reminder of the week’s story on a Friday, and then a discussion post on a Sunday that rounds up as much comment as I can find (with a link from thist post to the discussion). And since we went in alphabetical order last time, I figure we’ll go in reverse alphabetical order this time.
Without further ado, then:
- “The Things” by Peter Watts [discussion]
- “Somadeva: A Sky River Sutra” by Vandana Singh [discussion]
- “A Serpent in the Gears” by Margaret Ronald [discussion]
- “Elegy for a Young Elk” by Hannu Rajaniemi [discussion]
- “Second Journey of the Magus” by Ian R MacLeod [discussion]
- “The Red Bride” by Samantha Henderson [discussion]
- “Miguel and the Viatura” by Eric Gregory [discussion]
- “No Time Like the Present” by Carol Emshwiller [discussion]
- “The Cage” by AM Dellamonica [discussion]
- “My Father’s Singularity” by Brenda Cooper [discussion]
- “The Heart of a Mouse” by KJ Bishop [discussion]
- “Stereogram of the Gray Fort, in the Days of Her Glory” by Paul M Berger [discussion]
- “Throwing Stones” by Mishell Baker [discussion]
And there’s a wrap-up discussion here.