I am not in Toronto, so have some links:
- As the Worldcon business meeting approaches, more discussion of the proposed Hugo changes:
- Abigail Nussbaum discusses conflicts of interest at io9.
- Adam Roberts reviews the latest issue of Deathray.
- Alison Flood is late to the Hugo slapfight party
- A few links from International Blog Against Racism Week (see the LJ community for all the collected links)
- Dan Hartland on The Knife of Never Letting Go and Palimpsest
- John Banville ponders why crime writing isn’t taken seriously, while Newsweek looks at the literary authors moving into crime fiction, and Slate reviews Thomas Pynchon’s new detective novel
- A roundup of the Booker Prize longlist