The Links of Never Letting Go
October 19, 2008 — NH
- “Women Writing Science Fiction: Some Voices from the Trenches“, in which Susan Elizabeth Lyons puts questions to Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Nancy Kress, Elizabeth Bear, Kate Wilhelm, Justina Robson and others.
- Jetse de Vries on some near future sf, including “1337 in 2012“
- Reports on the Dominique Gonzalez-Foerster Turbine Hall installation from Paul McAuley and Martin Lewis
- Ben Jeapes and Jo Walton discuss Cory Doctorow’s Little Brother (which seems to be being stocked in UK bookshops as an adult sf novel, despite being published as YA in the US).
- Adam Roberts reviews Gene Wolfe’s latest novel, An Evil Guest
- Two reviews of Paper Cities, by L. Timmel Duchamp and Maureen Kincaid Speller
- The cover for Eclipse 2
- An interview with Stan Nicholls about the Legend Award.
- Matt Cheney interviews Brian Francis Slattery
- Paul Kincaid’s latest sf skeptic column: “The Canon … and why it isn’t“
- Abigail Nussbaum on the revamped pilot of the US Life on Mars
- Terry Teachout reviews a production of R.U.R.
- Edward Champion reviews The Gone-Away World
- Dave Itzkoff doesn’t like Anathem. Andrew McKie does.
- Andrew Wheeler discusses why chain stores skip books.
- A Kelly Link story from Pretty Monsters: “The Wrong Grave“. An an interview.
- And finally: there’s going to be an Otherland MMORPG, which boggles me slightly.