- All the Nebula Award-winning novels in haiku. Awesome. (via Gwenda)
- Secret Histories and Con-Artists: a roundtable discussion with John Crowley, Jeffrey Ford, James Morrow, and Tim Powers; part one, part two, part three.
- Abigail Nussbaum writes about “Magic for Beginners” by Kelly Link, so that I don’t have to.
- Heroes is coming to BBC2! All those who think they’ll put it in the weekday 6.45 slot and cut it to ribbons, raise your hand.
- Nicholas Whyte on the Doctor Who novels of Ian Marter.
- Gabe Chouinard has the latest details about forthcoming PS Publishing titles.
- UK SF Book news has a brief interview with the editor of the UK’s newest genre fiction magazine, Hub. Launch party in York on December 8th.
- And it’s finally online: john sutherland IS SHOCKED BY THE STATE OF book-Reviewing on the web. Which title is made more amusing by Rachel Cooke’s emphasis on standards in her response from the Observer. (Both links via the Complete Review, which also takes the time to respond to them more fully.)
And a brief admin note: the latest BSFA mailing (Vector 249 and Matrix 181) should be on its way to members this coming week. Given what happened with the last mailing, though, we don’t want to take anything for granted, so would appreciate confirmations that it’s shown up from as many people as possible, and in particular from people who didn’t receive V248/M180. As usual, when I get my copy I’ll put the TOC for Vector up here.
(Oh, and I’m going to be out tomorrow evening, so I won’t see the last part of The Martians and Us until the repeat on Wednesday. Expect a discussion on Thursday, though.)